Please give us your feedback so that we can make the community much better for you

Swinger Forum Swinger Information Wiki Questions & Advice  Thread:Tail light leak in my 1975 Dodge Dart Swinger?

PAGE 1 (1) :1 
Thread: Tail light leak in my 1975 Dodge Dart Swinger?

Aug 09, 2011 10:36:23 AM
Asked2Swingers
Responses: 988

Tail light leak in my 1975 Dodge Dart Swinger?
Water is getting in through both the left and right tail lights and it's flooding my trunk bed. I removed the tail lights and exterior chrome cover for better inspection and it turns out the weather sealer gasket just ain't what it used to be.

What else can I use to keep it sealed?

The current and original weather seal gasket is connected to the interior tail light housing. What are any alternatives for replacing this?

Thanks for the help.

Aug 10, 2011 09:27:04 PM
Nphxcpl4fun

try using some cock, ... errrrr, .... ummmm, ... caulk I mean.

Aug 09, 2011 10:44:19 AM
SwingerGuest_Lawn Gnome

Window Weather Stripping, get exacto knife, carefully fabricate a new seal, use some RTV to adhere it to the chrome. When you replace the fit should be snug, you will feel it.
To keep it OEM, forget everything I just typed, get the Dodge Book from Edmunds, go to Edmunds.com and look at what they recommend.
Now forget that, go to the local Car Club, talk to a Show Judge, ask him what he would use.
Fallback to the indow Gasket Material, done.
Those are beautiful cars.
And FAST!

Aug 09, 2011 11:15:58 AM
SwingerGuest_thelochnessmonstah

http://www.classicone.com/wsc/

Mopar restoration parts. The swinger deserves this.

Aug 09, 2011 11:32:31 AM
SwingerGuest_Shane Z

I had the same problem on a neon and this is what I did.

When you open the trunk, the leak is somewhere around the outside of the truck flange meets the base area. Use clear silicon clack around the area where you see 2 pieces of metal meet and or any welds. This will clog up all those pin hole leaks.

should fix it

Aug 09, 2011 11:33:19 AM
SwingerGuest_easygoing157

get some clear plastic kitchen wrap (cling wrap)..

remove light fitting & use silicon ( I use black silicon so it matches the rubber). to repair the gaskets..( make them a little thicker)..

place a layer of cling wrap over where the light fitting goes..( about 4 inches bigger than the hole )..

now LIGHTLY screw the fitting into place so the silicon starts to squash out.. WIPE EXCESS OFF WHILE WET.

leave over night... unscrew fitting,,, remove cling wrap,, screw back in place firmly.. PERFECT FIT.

Sep 15, 2011 08:00:33 PM
Swingerology
Level: Admins

"

Originally Posted by: Nphxcpl4fun
try using some cock, ... errrrr, .... ummmm, ... caulk I mean.

"

haahahhha

PAGE 1 (1) :1