Please give us your feedback so that we can make the community much better for you

Swinger Forum Swinger Information Wiki Questions & Advice  Thread:What is the stigma against swingers?

PAGE 1 (1) :1 
Thread: What is the stigma against swingers?

Dec 01, 2010 09:33:31 AM
Asked2Swingers
Responses: 988

What is the stigma against swingers?
Just asked a question and got a pretty strong response about my husband and I being swingers, which I fully expected. So now I want to know why people have such strong feelings about it?

Just to make it clear, our relationship is great, both of my questions have been for for general knowledge and curiosity, not to clear up personal insecurities. This is great research for me.

Dec 03, 2010 01:44:15 PM
Lookyloo6943more
Level: swingerology_vip
Because in our country we're raised with puritanical standards ... and some folks can never open their minds past that ... most countries have been showing nudity on basic television in our country we are just getting into the bad words on tv and showing partial on premium channels lol

Dec 01, 2010 09:39:50 AM
SwingerGuest_Patty M

People approach the idea of swinging, polyamory, bisexuality, homosexuality, etc with their own biases and phobias based on religion, upbringing, personal fears etc. Most swingers have learned to keep the knowledge of their swinging within the community that shares the lifestyle. There are enought of us out there that it is fairly easy to make contact with like minded people without letting the larger world know about it.

Dec 01, 2010 09:45:33 AM
SwingerGuest_jorgito2001

I slightly envy you...me and my wife were contemplating swinging for a bit...but ultimately agreed, the thought of US plowing someone else is always nice (after all, we're married, not DEAD), but the thought of the other getting plowed in the other room didn't sit too well. So it kinda died in the 'planning' phase.

I know a swinging couple and they are the most vibrant, confident & sexy people I know...kinda what I wanted, but eh, what are you gonna do?

Dec 01, 2010 09:46:56 AM
SwingerGuest_T.

I think they are just jealous of your life style and all secretly want to be that way but realize that no one would want them, besides their spouse.

Mar 09, 2011 07:34:54 AM
Nphxcpl4fun

IMO Envy is the culprit. We can blame the media, religion or society at large. but it comes down to almost everyone wishes they could have sex with multiple partners and "get away with it." Swingers do and are vilified for it.

PAGE 1 (1) :1